We help companies get better at delivering software.
50+ hours a week. 2500+ hours a year. 100,000+ hours a career. We all spend a lot of time working.
On a sunny day in Seattle, we sat together, elbow to elbow in a bar after a particularly hard day at the office. We'd seen too many teams go through unnecessary challenges.
- The surrounding systems and cultures handcuffed their ability to build their best product with passion, collaboration and creativity.
- The organizational motivators and incentives were not aligned to drive innovation and collaboration.
- The wrong people were in the wrong roles.
- The core of Agile was lost and teams performed rituals without understanding why.
- The product developed had little to do with the customer's happiness.
We knew there was a better way.
With over 40 years of combined experience in software delivery process, tools, staffing, and retention across a wide range of industries, CTO2 is uniquely qualified to help you face the challenge of growing your technology teams whilst maintaining a healthy and vibrant culture.
You consider yourself an agile organization. You're following the practices, but you don't seem to be getting the benefits. Thinking maybe you chose the wrong methodology? Feeling like there's a little too much dogma and not enough results? We've been there. And we know how to break through to the next level of performance.
At our core, we are agilists. To us, that doesn't necessarily mean Scrum, XP, Crystal, DSDM, SAFe, or Lean. It isn't about a specific prescription or methodology its about what works for you.
and Culture ASsessments
How do you NOT kill your company or your culture by a thousand cuts once you land a Series B? The purpose of a culture and organizational design assessment is to evaluate and articulate the current state of your organization.
- We look at leadership’s articulation of company purpose and objectives.
- We observe how internal communication channels function.
- We analyze the existing composition of the teams and the overall organization.
- We study the flow of work, including how work is funded, scheduled, and managed.
- We evaluate current product and engineering roadmaps.
- We additionally look at the employee lifecycle from recruitment through exit.
Hiring the first developer or your first CTO in today's climate is hard. How about hiring at a rate of 15-100 a week? Seems daunting. And it is. Once you hire those people, how do you help them grow in their role and in your organization?
We help you determine what talent you really need, where to find them, how to hire them, how to develop them and how to keep them.
Are you a first time manager promoted from senior engineer thinking "Now what"? Have you experienced the behind-closed-doors strategy sessions as a CEO weighing complex decisions on a daily basis?
Our approach towards Host Leadership and our building blocks of a healthy culture can help you in your quest for high impact and healthy leadership in your company.
On The Topic
We speak all over the world whether Keynote, Internal Conference, Podcasts and even a little stand up...
Members of CTO2 engage in lively conversation on topics such as agile, culture, diversity, and leadership. Turns out, we've always got something to say.
We always have something to share and we'll write our thoughts on our most passionate topics here.
CTO2 presents around the world at conferences and private company events helping people learn about culture, agility, diversity, complexity, and leadership.
Want to see our members do what they do best?